Image of this organisation's website
THISABILITY NEWSPAPER was born out of a desperate need for the disability community at large and the Public and Private sector to communicate better and for information of a broad nature to be easily accessible.
Principle Aim: To empower people with disabilities.
Goals and Objectives are as follows:
1. Create awareness of disabilities
2. Improve people’s perceptions of people with disabilities. Alter people’s perceptions so they see a person’s abilities and what they can do- rather than what they cannot do.
3. Create a central database that can assist anyone needing information on disability societies, schools, support groups etc.
4. Create a comprehensive guide of suppliers of medical services, medical personnel, disability services and equipment in South Africa.
5. Advertise jobs availability and offer solid advice on career guidance. Assist companies offering Sponsorships and Bursary Schemes to find suitable candidates.
6. Showcase government initiatives that aim to assist people with disabilities improve their level of education, job skills and emotional and physical wellbeing.
Operates in: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Established in: December 2011
Non-Profit Organisation Number: 097-227
Public Benefit Organisation Number: 930038985
Section 21 Company Number:
Contact person: Simon Manda
Phone: 031 309 1770
Fax: 031 309 2305
Physical address: 1st Floor, 369 Umgeni Road, Durban
Postal address: P O Box 47704, Greywille, 4023
Send an online message to Thisability Newspaper
Please help promote Thisability Newspaper