Image of this organisation's website
Our Foundation began with a heavily pregnant dog whose owners had tied her to a railway line, just outside Wellington. She had been hit by a train and her right front paw had been severed. She was rescued by Richelle Graham and Andre Verbiest and rushed to the Market Street Animal Hospital in Paarl where the vets did an emergency operation to try to stabilize her. Her mangled right front leg was amputated and, due to the shock and trauma she endured, as well as the anaesthetic and pain medication administered, she lost all her puppies. Amazingly, she survived the ordeal and was aptly named Lucky Lucy. She has become an ambassador against animal cruelty and abuse.
Richelle and Andre were driven to set up the Lucky Lucy Foundation whose main focus is sterilization as well as rescue and rehabilitate severely abused and neglected animals. The Lucky Lucy Foundation is a Non Profit, Pro Life, Pro Quality of Life rescue organization that relieves the plight of severely neglected and abused township & street animals as well as socially uplift and educate destitute families and children!
We rehabilitate the 'no hope left' animals! Don't Confiscate and Euthanize, Educate and Sterilize! Our mission: Sterilization, Education, Feeding, Social Responsibility and Upliftment, Rescue Rehabilitate and Rehome!
Our aim is:
- To alleviate the suffering of severely abused and neglected animals by providing sterilization, medical treatment and rehabilitation
- To provide a safe haven for these animals
- To provide disadvantaged communities with food and clothing. We believe that by providing people with the needs to care for themselves and the knowledge of how to correctly care for their animals, we will reduce the abuse and cruelty that is so prevalent in these communities.
- To provide mass sterilization for the animals in disadvantaged communities thereby preventing unwanted litters and ending the cycle of abuse.
- To provide vaccinations, dipping and de-worming to prevent the spread of disease.
Operates in: Cape Town, Western Cape
Established in: October 2010
Non-Profit Organisation Number: 091-636
Public Benefit Organisation Number: 930036404
Section 21 Company Number:
Contact person: Richelle
Phone: 073 928 6236
Fax: 086 219 8775
Physical address: Unit 4, Manna Farm, Joostenbergvlakte, Fisantekraal
Postal address: P O Box 385, Sea Point, Cape Town, 8060
Send an online message to Lucky Lucy Foundation
Please help promote Lucky Lucy Foundation